Operation Homefront (Nationwide)
- Eligibility: Active duty, E1-E6 or post 9/11 wounded, ill, or injured, all ranks. Several dates and locations beginning November through December.
Soldier's Angels (Six locations nationwide)
- Soldiers’ Angels hosts monthly veteran food distributions for low-income, at-risk, and homeless veterans in six cities across the country: Atlanta, Charleston, Denver, Detroit, Orlando, and San Antonio. Veterans in need can register to attend and receive food support for themselves and their families. Volunteers pack bags of groceries and load them into cars, pushcarts, or backpacks of registered veterans. This monthly event provides food support to over 200 veterans and their families. Must register online.
- Thanksgiving gathering with Heroes. Pre-registration is encouraged- families of veterans, active duty, and first responders. Saturday, November 25th, 2023, at 2:00 PM- Turkey Bowl Game and 4:00 PM Heroes Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Northview Bible Church, 13521 N. Mill Road, Spokane, WA 99208.
Homefront America (San Diego | Camp Pendleton | San Juan Capistrano, CA)
- Through the Giving Thanks to Heroes program, families will receive groceries; Costco pumpkin pie, and a turkey certificate that can be redeemed at their local grocer or commissary.
Veterans Inc. Holiday Harvest (Worcester, MA)
- Tuesday, November 21, 2023, at Veterans Inc., 69 Grove Street, Worcester, MA. Open to in-need veterans and active service members and their families. Bring ID card, DD-214, proof of veteran status.
Christian Center of Fort Worth (Fort Worth, TX)
- On Thanksgiving Day from 11:00 AM until 1:00 we serve a free lunch. Free groceries are also distributed.
- On Christmas Day from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM we serve a free luncheon. The day begins with Mr. And Mrs. Santa Clause arriving on a Haltom City Fire Truck. Once in place, they give out free gifts to every child in attendance. We also offer free groceries, clothing, and winter coats.
Full Circle Home (Nationwide)
- Full Circle Home is a not-for-profit organization that connects deployed service members with their loved ones across the country and on bases around the world. Since 2007, Full Circle Home has helped over 26,000 troops send their holiday gifts and love notes to their Heroes at Home. The simple act of giving a gift with a handwritten note can bridge the gap between our troops and those who support them. The troops share with us how deserving their loved ones are. These gift packages allow them to express their gratitude and recognize the sacrifices made by those at home and are a daily reminder of the love of their service member and the appreciation of sponsors across the country. This connection provides encouragement and support for both those at home and those overseas because the whole family is affected by a deployment
- This program engages the community in helping meet members’ needs, working towards making the season a bit brighter for veterans and active duty families nationwide.
Armed Services YMCA (Nationwide)
- Operation Holiday Joy: YMCA-based program distributing toys and goods nationwide.
- Operation Ride Home: A service available to active-duty E-5 and below, both single and married, who might not otherwise financially be able to travel home.
Freedom Alliance- Presents for Patriots (Nationwide)
- Christmas is a beautiful, but stressful, season for many in our Armed Forces. We help by providing gifts to the children of military families who are struggling with combat wounds and service-related injuries. We help the families of wounded troops make Christmas a joyous time with a message of appreciation for their service and sacrifice. Applications are now open online.
Soldiers' Angels Adopt-a-Family for Christmas (Nationwide)
- Military and veteran families usually live on a very tight budget, so putting together a Christmas or other winter holiday celebration can be a real challenge for some of them. The goal in helping these military/veteran families is to show America's gratitude with presents for the children and a grocery gift card to help them purchase their holiday dinner and trimmings. Register online.
- The U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program collects new, unwrapped toys during October, November, and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community in which the campaign is conducted. The program is for all children, including military kids. Apply online.
Trees for Troops (Nationwide)
- Delivering the spirit of Christmas to military families one Christmas Tree at a time.
Vets Charity Christmas Ride (Columbia, SC)
- Rain, shine, sleet, snow, cold, or warm we ride to take Christmas to the veterans at the Dorn VA hospital. This year is the 22nd anniversary of the ride to make Christmas dreams come true.
- USO Care Packages – primarily, Snack Packs and Toiletry Packs with hygiene essentials – have already been sent to bases and military installations, and the USO will continue to adjust to this rapidly changing situation, delivering USO Care Packages as needed. All Holiday Care Packages contain items like decorations, themed snacks, games, movies, and sporting equipment. Each box is intended to support about 50 people at remote locations, who do not have access to MWR or other USO facilities.
Emotional Support/Mental Healthcare/Outreach
Elks Club (Nationwide)
- Elks volunteers can support local veterans by participating in the Adopt-a-Veterans Program and providing friendship and assistance.
Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (Nationwide) —nationwide---multiple supportive and case management services.
Homecoming for Veterans (Nationwide)
- The EEG Institute, a world leader in neurofeedback research and training, and Homecoming for Veterans is offering this cutting-edge treatment, at no cost, for veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) through a network of clinicians nationwide.
Mission Reconnect (Nationwide)
An evidence-based program of mind and body therapies for use by Veterans and their partners to support physical, mental, and relationship health. Online program for veterans with PTSD, cost is $20 lifetime.
Give An Hour (Nationwide)
- A national network of volunteer providers capable of responding to both acute and chronic conditions. Provides free and confidential mental health care to military members, veterans, and families.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for Veterans (Nationwide)
- Call/Text 988
Hope for Warriors (Nationwide)
- Hope For The Warriors’ Caregiver Support Services are available to military and veteran caregivers of post-9/11 service members or veterans that have been physically or psychologically wounded. You are considered a caregiver if you provide physical care and/or emotional support to a wounded warrior. Caregivers can include spouses, parents, children, partners, siblings, and friends.
- Caregiver Support Group on Facebook– a private, invitation-only support group where caregivers can build relationships and receive support and advice from one another. Hope For The Warriors hosts the group, which is moderated by a staff of caregivers who ensure that participants abide by the group’s guidelines to keep messages positive and continue to support empowerment. Individuals who are interested in joining this caregiver support group should register for Hope For The Warriors’ services.
- Caregiver Online Support Group– This caregiver support group operates on a secured online platform and is facilitated by a caregiver who is on staff at Hope For The Warriors.® Group meetings are held weekly with morning and evening meeting options. This online support group is available to all participants of the Facebook Caregiver Support Group.
- Military and Veteran Caregiver Wellness Workshops– These Caregiver Wellness focus on providing support to caregivers, encouraging the caregivers to care for themselves mentally and physically, and fostering relationships with other caregivers in their area. Hope For The Warriors® clinical staff provides programming in art therapy, applied theatre, yoga therapy, supportive counseling, and caregiver/peer mentorship. Currently, these Caregiver Wellness Workshops are held in Northern Virginia, Tampa/Sarasota, Long Island, and soon to come – Houston.
Psychological Health Resource Center (Nationwide)
- Whether you are a service member, a family member, or a clinician, the Psychological Health Resource Center is there for you. A trusted source of psychological health information and resources. Customized responses to your specific questions and needs. If we can’t answer your question, we will connect you to someone who can. Professional health resource consultants with expertise in psychological health who understand military culture. Available 24/7 by phone, online chat, or email. Free!
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Nationwide)
- Active and Retired U.S. Military, including members of the U.S. Coast Guard and participating members of the National Guard or Reserve, may purchase discounted Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tickets for special military-priced event nights. They may also purchase additional tickets for up to five (5) family members and/or friends.
- Offers a year-round resource offering substantial discounts to both Active Duty and veterans. Connects military and veteran families with qualified and safe childcare providers, pet sitters, and companion care. They offer a 25% off military discount off subscriptions of your choice. They also have a partnership with ASYMCA so that ASYMCA members will receive a 90-day premium membership to Care.com. Enter code, “militaryfamily25”.
Year Round Financial Assistance
American Legion (Nationwide, must be a member)
- Financial assistance for children of $1500 (TFA Program) ---does not have to be repaid. The minor child must not be older than 17, or 20 if still enrolled in high school or is physically handicapped. The minor child must be the biological child, stepchild, or in the legal custody of, a qualifying veteran. A qualifying veteran is defined as a member of the United States Armed Forces serving on federal orders current under Title 10 of the United States Code, inclusive of all components, OR any veteran possessing an up-to-date membership in The American Legion. Active-duty applicants can be considered without being a member of The American Legion. A single one-time non-repayable Temporary Financial Assistance grant of up to $1,500 will be permitted for the minor child(ren) of a qualifying veteran.
VFW Unmet Needs (Nationwide)
- Unmet Needs is there to help America's military families who have run into unexpected financial difficulties because of deployment or other military-related activity or injury. The program provides financial aid of up to $1,500 to assist with basic life needs in the form of a grant -not a loan- so no repayment is required. To further ease the burden, we pay the creditor directly. 1-866-789-6333
Salute America's Heroes (Nationwide)
- An injury sustained during combat in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom, or in support of those operations in a hostile environment.
- A disability rating assigned by the Department of Defense or the Department of Veterans Affairs of 30 percent or greater from a single, sustained injury.
- Currently experiencing severe financial hardship.
United Way 211 Program (Nationwide)
- Provides help navigating the extensive benefits and services available to veterans, including health care support, financial assistance and counseling, legal assistance, and educational support. We can put you in touch with agencies that can help you and your family relocate to a new city or a new home, cope with the stress and logistics of a deployment, or transition back into civilian life.
USA Cares (Nationwide)
- Apply for emergency financial assistance and post-service skills training for long-term stability and growth.
Operation Once in a Lifetime (Nationwide)
- Operation Once in a Lifetime’s mission is to make the dreams of U.S. Soldiers and their families come true by providing free financial and morale support to U.S Service members, their families, and veterans regardless of rank, deployment, physical condition, or branch or service.