Project Sanctuary serves at-risk military families through two comprehensive programs. We are best known for our Therapeutic Retreats. Our Family Support program is equally necessary and provides client-centric case management across a wide spectrum of services based upon individualized needs. Whatever our families may need, our response is quick, and no one falls through the cracks.
Project Sanctuary is preparing to provide additional support to the 4000 families we are currently in contact with. Most of the military families we serve live with physical and mental health challenges and financial instability, making this population more fragile and less resilient even under normal circumstances.
Some of the Family Support services we are currently providing:
Direct assistance and referrals to best-fit local resources for support with basic needs, such as housing and emergency financial assistance; counseling; clinical case management; help navigating VA and DoD benefits for the entire family; crisis and suicide intervention; employment services; caregiver support and resources; and more.
Direct financial assistance was paid in the following areas (2020):
- Critical home repair
- Heating oil
- Physical and mental wellness activities (Caregiver support)
- Car payments
- Vehicle tires
- Rent and Mortgage assistance
Other ways we are shifting in response to the current crisis:
Covid-19 Families First Plan
- Boost Family Support: expanded emails, phone, newsletter as touchpoints to share
resources and enable families to opt in for personalized assistance
- Creation of Caregiver online group to support mental health and relationship challenges
- Project Sanctuary Wellness FB Group to combat isolation
a. Physical challenges and goal setting
c. Yoga and meditation
d. Spiritual – nondenominational
e. Nutrition (Fairy Gut Mother)
f. Recreation from home (CTRS team)
- Public website page dedicated to resources available NOW reflecting all above
- Boost retreat numbers in summer and fall
- Full time employees will tackle a multitude of projects including:
a. CRM implementation
b. Relationship class – research and start building content
c. PTS manual and guideline
Project Sanctuary’s program model and our dedicated professional staff are uniquely situated to provide the care our military families need through our Family Support program. Families First, Mission Focused.