4 Must-Read Tactics for Supporting Project Sanctuary Families
Written by Sophia Oliveira, Grants & Development Coordinator for Project Sanctuary.
Currently, Project Sanctuary has a wait list of more than 2,200 military families who have courageously reached out for help. To give some perspective, it costs approximately $3,000 to sponsor a family through their retreat experience and two years of follow-on support. That adds up to a total cost of around $30,000-$35,000 per retreat. With your support, we can work together to make sure more of these families are able to reconnect at a retreat and receive the services they need.
There are many ways to help Project Sanctuary achieve the resources and revenue necessary to better serve our service members and those who love them:
1) Direct monetary support
Donating to Project Sanctuary, either through a recurring or one-time donation, is easy!
- You can donate via our online donation form found directly on the PS website: https://projectsanctuary.us/donate
- Or you can mail donation checks to:
P.O. Box 1563
Granby, CO 80446
2) Get involved with the O.P.S. Gala
Each May, supporters from across the country gather in Denver for THE event of the year to celebrate and support military families. The event includes live and silent auctions, a patriotic ceremony, seated dinner and more! The 2018 event is coming up on Friday, May 18. You can get involved by:
- Sponsoring the event.
- Purchasing tickets or tables, or purchasing a Military Couple Sponsorship, helping our heroes to enjoy a special night out.
- Donating items to our silent or live auctions, or making a cash contribution to the event.
- Volunteering your time on event night.
For more information about any of these options, or to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-227-0191!
3) Set up your own fundraiser
Facebook fundraisers are a simple and useful tool for fundraising on behalf of Project Sanctuary.
- Go to: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ProjectSanctuary/fundraisers
- Set a goal and end date.
- Share with your friends and family to help expand Project Sanctuary’s reach!
4) Employee Giving Programs
Check to see if your employer already has a matching gift program. If not, share Project Sanctuary’s mission with your company, and ask to consider a match! We are also an approved charity under the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) #89990 and Colorado Combined Campaign (CCC) #1468.
Our supporters contribute to Project Sanctuary with great confidence as we continue to uphold the highest standards of quality, using proven research methods to monitor the effectiveness of our programs. As a 2017 GuideStar Platinum-level participant, Charity Navigator “4-Star Charity,” and Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity, we maintain the highest levels of transparency and fiscal responsibility.
*Additional ways to donate to Project Sanctuary can be found here: https://projectsanctuary.us/get-involved/ways-to-give